There is a litany of different warning signs that indicate an oncoming ecological/economic/societal collapse. Of course timeframes are impossible to predict. All that can be said is that people’s standard of living is rapidly going down, the biosphere is destabilizing, and that collectively, humanity has done “almost” nothing useful to stop it.
- For the sake of reducing the EMENSE suffering about to happen in the next 10 to 100 years, DON’T HAVE CHILDREN. THEY MOST LIKELY WILL HAVE SHIT LIVES. AGAIN DON’T HAVE CHILDREN! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
The financial warning signs:
- “Defining “underemployed as working in low-paid jobs that don’t require college degrees, the analysts, Jaison R. Abel, Richard Deitz, and Yaqin Su, found that roughly 6 percent of recent college graduates, aged 22 to 27, were unemployed at the beginning of 2013 and44 percent were underemployed.”
- “More than 40% of Americans who borrowed from the government’s main student-loan program aren’t making payments or are behind on more than $200 billion owed, raising worries that millions of them may never repay.”
- “People in their early 30s are half as wealthy as those now in their 40s were at the same age, a report finds.”
- “As noted earlier, one in six men today have no job and most have given up looking. At current trends, one in five will be out of the labor force in a generation.”
- “Wholesale beef prices rose, increasing 0.8 percent on the month and are now up 12.3 percent year over year. Prices for farm-level eggs increased 35.4 percent from April to May; prices are now up 9.2 percent from May 2014 levels. Farm-level fruit prices increased 3.9 percent in May, while farm-level vegetable prices rose 5.7 percent month over month — an indication that retail produce prices could further increase in the coming months.”
The political warning signs:
- A psychopathic and violent reality tv billionaire is running against a two faced corporate political puppet. (do I really need to say more on how corrupt and fucked up our political system is?)
The ecological warning signs:
- “Scientists estimate we’re now losing species at 1,000 to 10,000 times the background rate, with literally dozens going extinct every day . It could be a scary future indeed, with as many as 30 to 50 percent of all species possibly heading toward extinction by mid-century ” (the rate of species extinction is roughly 27,000 per year).
- “When you calculate out the anticipated resources that will be available in A.D. 2100, the optimal world population would be about two billion people. That would give people a standard of living of about half of what Americans experienced in the 1990s. The actual anticipated world population by A.D. 2100 is over 11 billion, according to the U.N.”
- “The World Meteorological Association (WMO) announced Monday that the average monthly concentration of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the northern hemisphere exceeded 400 parts per million (ppm) in April, the highest monthly average on record.”
- “He toldthe Guardian, “4C would likely be catastrophic rather than simply dangerous. For example, it would make life difficult, if not impossible, in much of the tropics, and would guarantee the eventual melting of the Greenland ice sheet and some of the Antarctic ice sheet. “
- “About two-thirds of the planet’s total atmospheric oxygen is produced by ocean phytoplankton — and therefore cessation would result in the depletion of atmospheric oxygen on a global scale. This would likely result in the mass mortality of animals and humans.”
- “Walter Anthony said the billions of tons of carbon stored in permafrost are about twice the amount that is currently in the atmosphere. Many researchers are concerned that if old carbon begins to cycle it could create a feedback loop—its emissions contribute to warming, which again contributes to the thawing of more permafrost.”
- “Ocean acidity has increased by 30% since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution. This increase is 100 times faster than any change in acidity experienced by marine organisms for at least the last 20 million years.”
- “Business as usual scenarios for CO2emissions could make the ocean up to 150% more acidic by 2100.”
- “The ocean absorbs approximately 26% of the CO2added to the atmosphere from human activities each year.”
- “NOAA’s index shows that CO2 concentration has risen by an average of 1.76 parts per million since it was established in 1979, and that increase is accelerating. In the 1980s and 1990s, it rose about 1.5 ppm per year. Over the last five years, the rate of increase has been about 2.5 ppm”
- “Each of the first six months of 2016 set a record as the warmest respective month globally in the modern temperature record, which dates to 1880, according to scientists at NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) in New York. The six-month period from January to June was also the planet’s warmest half-year on record, with an average temperature 1.3 degrees Celsius (2.4 degrees Fahrenheit) warmer than the late nineteenth century.”
- “Recent estimates suggest CO2levels reached as much as 415 parts per million (ppm) during the Pliocene. With that came global average temperatures that eventually reached 3 or 4 degrees C (5.4-7.2 degrees F) higher than today’s and as much as 10 degrees C (18 degrees F) warmer at the poles. Sea level ranged between five and 40 meters (16 to 131 feet) higher than today.”
- “Earth is on track to sail past the two degree Celsius (3.6 degrees Fahrenheit) threshold for dangerous global warming by 2050, seven of the world’s top climate scientists warned Thursday.”
The facts really speak for themselves. I was too lazy to go any deeper with this presentation. Truthfully, this article is only scratching the surface into what is in store for the future of humanity. There will be no silver bullet to save us from ourselves.
Our specie’s collective greed, idiocy, and arrogance has fucked us over many times in the past and will do so again, possibly for the last time. We’ve caused millions of creatures to go extinct. It seems like ecological karma coming back to bite us in the ass. There’s a real possibly Homo Sapiens could be extinct within 150 years.
I feel bad for all the innocent creatures and humans that are about to get the ride of their fucking lives. There’s a lot of needless suffering in this world. Humans are freaks of nature. Sometimes I think it would be better off if we had never evolved and just stayed in the jungle. Ya mean?
Love and learn to grow your own food. Discourage people from having kids. Be kind to others and spread love and compassion. Become at peace with impermanence and learn about the circle of life. Lion king calms my nerves and puts me at peace. Life will go on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc1vrO6iL0U&t=1m10s (not evidence just entertaining)